Coronavirus: Paradise Wildlife Park closed to visitors
- Credit: ALMA LEAPER
Top Hertfordshire tourist attraction Paradise Wildlife Park has now closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Managers at the wildlife park in White Stubbs Lane, Broxbourne, had hoped to stay open, despite the COVID-19 outbreak.
However, Paradise officials confirmed today (Saturday) that the park will now shut for the foreseeable future.
An Instagram post from the official Paradise Wildlife Park account read: “Sadly, we have made the decision that as of 5pm today (Saturday, March 21, 2020), Paradise Wildlife Park (Zoological Society of Hertfordshire) will be closed until further notice.
“We are devastated by this news but must continue to stay positive and act in the best interests of our animals at this time.
You may also want to watch:
“Although Paradise Wildlife Park is an open space allowing the recommended social distancing measures to be adhered to, in light of the PM’s recent announcements and the increased self-isolation guidelines, we feel this is the best decision in the short term.”
The park’s new Land of the Tigers was due to open next month.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
An updated visitor statement on the Paradise Wildlife Park website further explained the decision to close the site to the public for now.
It said: “When we are in a position to re-open, there will be lots to look forward to including the re-opening of our Tumble Jungle indoor soft play and the launch of our brand new Land of the Tigers habitat!
“During this particularly difficult period, if you would like to support our amazing animals, please visit https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/animalsupportfund”
All animal experiences are suspended until the end of May at the moment.
Visit the Paradise Wildlife Park website at www.pwpark.com for the latest from the park.