Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds to headline Calling Festival 2015 line-up
- Credit: Archant
Former Oasis star Noel Gallagher will headline this summer’s Calling Festival 2015.
Nineteen years after performing to 250,000 Oasis fans over two nights at Knebworth, Noel Gallagher and his High Flying Birds will top the bill at Clapham Common, in south London, on Saturday, July 4.
Before then, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds will release highly-anticipated second album Chasing Yesterday, due for release on March 2.
Ballad Of The Mighty I is the second single to be released from the new record and features The Smiths legend Johnny Marr on guitar alongside Noel.
“I tried to get him to play on the last album but it never happened,” said Gallagher.
You may also want to watch:
“So when I put this track together and knew he would be perfect for it I called him and asked if I could send him the rough mix.
“He said: ‘No, I don’t want to hear it. I’m just going to react to it on the day.’ He didn’t even want any pointers. Well, that was brave of him.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
“He just arrived with two guitars and a bag of effects pedals. And I have to say, he’s unbelievable.
“He’s way up there, on another level to the rest of us.
“The result is a burst of energy that helped make Mighty I one of the best songs I’ve ever written.”
The single includes B-side Revolution Song and will be released digitally and on 7”, with a limited edition coloured vinyl available exclusively via www.noelgallagher.com
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds will also embark on a headline tour, starting March 3, playing arena dates across the UK and Ireland, culminating with a show at London’s O2 Arena on March 10.
Following these dates, the band will also play a headline show at the Royal Albert Hall for the Teenage Cancer Trust on March 28.
Also on the Calling Festival 2015 line-up poster are Ryan Adams and The Shining, The Hives and Echo & The Bunnymen.
Tickets for Calling Festival 2015 are on sale now.