New Fast & Furious 9 teaser trailer debuts during Super Bowl
- Credit: Universal Pictures
A new Fast & Furious 9 teaser trailer debuted during Sunday's Super Bowl.
The 30-second 'Big Game Spot' clip opens with Vin Diesel as Dom Toretto saying: "The world has a way of changing.
"But there's one thing that always stays the same: you miss the old life."
With the tagline 'Your Fast Family is Coming Back', F9 is due for release later this year, having been put back from 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
It is scheduled for May 28 in the US, however with cinemas still closed in the UK the release date here could change before then.
Scenes of the latest instalment in the action thriller franchise were filmed at Hatfield House.
An earlier film trailer featured Vin Diesel and American wrestling legend John Cena as Dom’s forsaken brother, Jakob, facing off inside the Hertfordshire stately home.
- 1 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 2 Dozens of fines handed out following COVID breaches as police reiterate they will 'take action where required'
- 3 Hatfield school appoints new headteacher
- 4 The many promises to save Hatfield
- 5 International Women’s Day: Looking back on the women who inspired us over the last year
- 6 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 7 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 8 From 'half-baked' to a New Town - did planners keep their promise to make Hatfield a 'pleasant land'?
- 9 What does the future have in store for Hatfield?
- 10 One year on since first recorded coronavirus case in Welwyn Hatfield
Helen Mirren as Magdalene 'Queenie' Shaw also drives up to the North Front of Hatfield House in a supercar, parking by the magnificent Renaissance water sculpture.
F9 is the ninth chapter in the Fast & Furious Saga, which has earned more than $5 billion at the box office around the world.
Following the events of The Fate of the Furious, Vin Diesel’s Dom Toretto is leading a quiet life off the grid in the sequel with Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) and his son, little Brian.
The movie's synopsis adds: "But they know that danger always lurks just over their peaceful horizon."
This time, that threat will force Dom to confront the sins of his past if he’s going to save those he loves most in typical fast-paced and explosive fashion.
His crew joins together to stop a plot led by the most skilled assassin and high-performance driver they’ve ever encountered – Dom’s brother Jakob, played by John Cena, who also appears in the upcoming The Suicide Squad.
F9 sees the return of a number of Fast franchise favourites, with Jordana Brewster back as Dom's sister Mia and Han (Sung Kang) back from the dead.
Justin Lin is also back as director. He helmed the third, fourth, fifth and sixth chapters of the series when it transformed into a global blockbuster.
In Fast 9 the action hurtles around the globe — from London to Tokyo, from Central America to Edinburgh, and from a secret bunker in Azerbaijan to the streets of Tbilisi, with Hatfield House appearing on screen somewhere on the journey.
Universal Pictures' synopsis says: "Along the way, old friends will be resurrected, old foes will return, history will be rewritten, and the true meaning of family will be tested like never before."
The film stars returning cast members Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris 'Ludacris' Bridges, Jordana Brewster, Nathalie Emmanuel and Sung Kang, along with Oscar winners Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron as Cipher.
F9 also features Grammy-winning superstar Cardi B as new franchise character Leysa, a woman with a connection to Dom’s past, and a cameo by Reggaeton sensation Ozuna.