Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- Credit: NICK BRIGGS/NETFLIX
Prepare for another social season. Hit Netflix period drama Bridgerton has been renewed for a second season.
The announcement was made today in Lady Whistledown’s Society Papers, with filming starting in spring 2021.
Season two will centre on Lord Anthony Bridgerton, played by Jonathan Bailey.
Scenes from the first series of the racy Regency romp were shot on location at Hatfield House in Hertfordshire.
READ MORE: 25 facts about the making of Bridgerton
From Shondaland and creator Chris Van Dusen, season one of Bridgerton follows Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor), the eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family as she makes her debut onto Regency London’s competitive marriage market.
Hoping to follow in her parents’ footsteps and find a match sparked by true love, Daphne’s prospects initially seem to be unrivalled.
But as her older brother begins to rule out her potential suitors, the high society scandal sheet written by the mysterious Lady Whistledown – voiced by Julie Andrews – casts aspersions on Daphne.
READ MORE: Bridgerton filming locations
- 1 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
- 2 'Cruel joke' played on residents waiting for pothole repairs
- 3 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 4 Man faces sentencing after trying to rip face mask off woman in Asda
- 5 How many people have been vaccinated in your neighbourhood?
- 6 Police pinpoint football clubs after teenagers caught throwing eggs
- 7 Competition winner captures town's untouched beauty spot
- 8 Teachers surprised by pupils thanking them for hard work
- 9 Pay-as-you-feel hub set up for food destined for landfill
- 10 Police called after 100 people show up to funeral
Enter the highly desirable and rebellious Duke of Hastings (Regé-Jean Page), committed bachelor and the catch of the season for the debutantes’ mamas.
Season one of Bridgerton was released on Christmas Day and has already been watched by 63 million households worldwide.
Hatfield House features prominently in episode four – An Affair of Honor – in which Daphne and Simon first kiss in the garden.
Lady Trowbridge's Ball was filmed at the Hertfordshire stately home, with guests arriving at the North Front entrance to Hatfield House.
The soirée in the period drama was filmed in the Marble Hall with its distinctive black and white chequered floor.
The romantic and scandalous series also stars Jonathan Bailey (Anthony Bridgerton), Nicola Coughlan (Penelope Featherington), Claudia Jessie (Eloise Bridgerton), Ruby Barker (Marina Thompson), Adjoa Andoh (Lady Danbury), Golda Rosheuvel (Queen Charlotte), Luke Thompson (Benedict Bridgerton), Luke Newton (Colin Bridgerton), Ruby Stokes (Francesca Bridgerton), Will Tilston (Gregory Bridgerton), Florence Hunt (Hyacinth Bridgerton), Ruth Gemmell (Lady Violet Bridgerton), Bessie Carter (Prudence Featherington), Harriet Cains (Philippa Featherington), Polly Walker (Lady Portia Featherington), and Ben Miller (Lord Featherington).