Morecambe coming to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new production of award-winning one-man show Morecambe opens in St Albans later this month.
St Albans’ favourite funnyman, and star of the Alban Arena’s annual pantomime, Bob Golding, is returning to the venue with Morecambe on Saturday, March 29 at 7.30pm.
Tim Whitnall’s Olivier Award-winning play stars Golding as comedy icon Eric Morecambe, who lived in Harpenden.
Directed by Paul Hendy, producer of the Alban Arena’s pantomimes, the show is a moving, often hilarious tale about one of Britain’s best-loved entertainers.
From humble beginnings in music hall, to 28 million viewers on Christmas Day, it’s the heart-warming, tear-jerking, laughter-inducing story of the man “what brought us sunshine”.
You may also want to watch:
Golding takes on not only Morecambe himself, but also the huge array of characters that filled his life, from market trader and comedy sketch writer Eddie Braben, to Bruce Forsythe and Ernie Wise, Eric’s partner in crime.
It’s a poignant and entertaining tribute to a true British icon on the 30th anniversary of his untimely death.
- 1 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 2 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 3 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 4 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 5 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 6 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 8 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
Tickets cost £17.50, with concessions £1 off.
Call the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online www.alban-arena.co.uk