MOBO Award for University of Hertfordshire student
A UNIVERSITY of Hertfordshire student won the Best Gospel Act gong at last week’s MOBO Awards.
Guvna B was elated after scooping the honour at the annual ceremony, held at the Echo Arena in Liverpool last Wednesday.
The 21-year-old said: “It’s such an amazing feeling.
“Four years ago I was at a crossroad whether to do right or wrong and the gospel changed me.
“Just really thankful to all the fans and supporters who believed in me and now I’ve got my MOBO, it feels great!’
You may also want to watch:
Guvna – an acronym for ‘God’s Unique Vessel Now Assigned’ – has become a leading light in the UK gospel scene in the past year.
His real name is Isaac Borquaye, and he is a final year business studies student at the Hatfield uni.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Other 2010 MOBO winners included Tinchy Stryder, N-Dubz, JLS, Plan B, Eminem and Professor Green.