Michelle Heaton to star in Harpenden panto Aladdin
- Credit: Archant
Liberty X star Michelle Heaton will appear as Aladdin in this year’s Harpenden pantomime.
The TV presenter and pop princess confirmed the news via Twitter on Monday.
From her @wonderwomanshel Twitter account, Michelle tweeted: “I’m delighted to announce that I’m playing Aladdin at @HarpendenHalls #panto 01582767525”
She also tweeted: “Yey! Thrilled to be part of this fabulous cast xx can’t wait to play Aladdin xxx”
Singer Michelle replaces Grange Hill, Hollyoaks and Tracey Beaker actress Rochelle Knowles Gadd in the title role.
The panto is produced by Act One Pantomimes.
Of Michelle’s role in the 2015 panto, organisers tweeted: “And she’s going to be fabulous!”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Six charged and £11,000 seized after drug raids
- 3 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 4 Liam Gallagher set times announced for Knebworth Park concerts
- 5 Police release CCTV imagery following Hatfield brawl
- 6 Liam Gallagher's expected setlist for Knebworth Park concert features classic Oasis tracks
- 7 Man in his 80s attacked by dog in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Welwyn Hatfield landlord prosecuted for safety breaches at rental property
- 9 WGC station to receive a makeover by local gardening group
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
Aladdin runs at Harpenden Public Halls from Friday, December 11 to Tuesday, December 22.
The 2015 Harpenden panto also stars EastEnders original Peter Dean, who played Pete Beale in the BBC soap for many years.
Michelle and Peter will be joined on stage by BBC Three Counties Radio’s Ernie Almond, singer Sophie Massie and Harpenden panto favourite Chris Law.
St Albans-based actor Simon Nicholas is donning a frock to play panto dame Widow Twankey.
* Tickets are available from the box office on 01582 767525 or book online at www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk