Michael Portillo arriving at Potters Bar platform
- Credit: Archant
Former MP and now TV personality Michael Portillo will be stopping off in Potters Bar next month.
The former Enfield Southgate MP will be appearing at the Wyllyotts Theatre on Saturday, November 5.
Best known these days for his BBC railway travel documentaries, it took Michael Portillo little more than 10 years to get a seat in the Commons and then rise in power and esteem to a point where he was a favoured leader of the Tory party and possible future Conservative Prime Minister.
Since losing his safe seat at the 1997 General Election, Michael Portillo has carved out a successful career as a broadcaster in series such as Great British Railway Journeys and Great Continental Railway Journeys.
A historian at heart, he has used a Victorian railway guide, George Bradshaw’s 1863 tourist handbook, to take millions of viewers on a historical voyage of discovery throughout the UK, Ireland and indeed most of Europe, by train.
You may also want to watch:
Listen to his extraordinary story in Potters Bar and then feel free to question him about it.
• Michael Portillo – ‘Life: A Game of Two Halves’ can be seen at the Wyllyotts Theatre in Potters Bar on Saturday, November 5 at 8pm.
Tickets cost £16. Call the box office on 01707 645005 or visit www.wyllyottstheatre.co.uk
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Get crafty! Living Crafts festival returns to Hatfield Park
- 9 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 10 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced