Liam Gallagher to play huge Knebworth Park concert next summer
- Credit: Live Nation Entertainment
Liam Gallagher has announced a huge Knebworth Park concert for next summer – 26 years after Oasis played two nights at the Hertfordshire venue.
The former Oasis frontman will return to Knebworth House on Saturday, June 4, 2022.
Opening the iconic Knebworth Park stage on June 4 will be Goat Girl, Fat White Family, very special guest Michael Kiwanuka and Kasabian.
Liam posted on Instagram: "I'm absolutely buzzing to announce that on 4th June 2022 I'll be playing Knebworth. It's gonna be biblical. C'mon You Know. LG x"
The Knebworth Park show will see Liam return to the site where Oasis famously played two unforgettable nights there in August 1996.
The 25th anniversary of the Oasis shows was marked this year with the release of the feature-length documentary ‘Oasis Knebworth 1996’, which NME described as “an era-defining gig that will live forever".
The Knebworth Park gig will be the biggest show of Liam’s solo career to date.
It follows his triumphant return to touring this summer with headline sets at Reading, Leeds and TRNSMT alongside a free gig for NHS staff at The O2.
- 1 Updated Simply Red set times for Hatfield Park concert
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 4 Jodie Williams defies injury-blighted season to claim Commonwealth bronze
- 5 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 6 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
- 7 Sign of the times: The life of Welwyn Garden City signwriter Arthur Brown
- 8 Free music festival Rock at the Castle returns to Hertford Castle with line-ups on three stages
- 9 EastEnders' BBC Elstree home 'must stay as a site for media production’ says Hertsmere council leader
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
He is set to release his new album ‘C’MON YOU KNOW’ on May 27 as he looks to score a fourth consecutive UK number one record.
‘C’MON YOU KNOW’ follows the huge success of Liam’s previous studio albums ‘As You Were’ (2017) and ‘Why Me? Why Not.’ (2019), which established his iconic status for a whole new generation.
His ‘MTV Unplugged’ also went straight to #1 on the Official Album Chart.
Between his triumphs as a solo artist and his phenomenal success with Britpop legends Oasis, Liam has spent a combined total of almost six months at number one across 11 chart-topping albums.
Oasis release their Knebworth 1996 live album CD, DVD and Blu-ray in November.
Fans who pre-order new Liam Gallagher album ‘C’MON YOU KNOW’ by 3pm on Wednesday, October 6 will receive access to a pre-sale for Knebworth Park tickets that opens at 10am on Thursday, October 7.
To pre-order the album, visit https://www.liamgallagher.com/cmonyouknow/
VIP and camping packages are also available.
Two years ago in August 2019, Liam Gallagher teasingly tweeted: “Any body fancy Knebworth nxt summer c’mon you know”
While the COVID-19 pandemic put paid to any plans for shows in the summer of 2020, Liam will finally headline Knebworth Park on his own next year.
Knebworth House posted on Instagram: "Liam Gallagher celebrates the 25th anniversary of Oasis’ era-defining gigs at Knebworth Park with news that he’ll return to Knebworth to play the biggest show of his solo career to date on Saturday June 4th 2022."
Liam Gallagher at Knebworth Park is a Festival Republic, Live Nation and SJM Concerts presentation.
The home of British rock music, over 100 major artists have played Knebworth Park festivals since their inception in 1974.