Knebworth House would welcome Rolling Stones concert
- Credit: Archant
Knebworth House would welcome the return of rock legends The Rolling Stones for a concert if they wanted to play the stately home again.
Sunday’s Sun newspaper claimed The Rolling Stones were looking to repeat their seminal 1976 gig at Knebworth House later this year.
The Stones first played the Hertfordshire venue in August 1976, with Mick Jagger afterwards leaving a pair of red underpants in one of the bedrooms at the historic mansion.
The Sun’s article suggested the band were looking to return to Knebworth Park this August.
The managing director of Lytton Enterprises / Knebworth Estates would love to see the Stones return.
You may also want to watch:
Martha Lytton Cobbold told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were just as amazed and excited as others to read of The Rolling Stones interest in playing Knebworth Park this summer.
“There are no plans at present, but we are delighted to know they are interested.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
“2016 would be the 40th anniversary of their 1976 performance here, so would be the most likely time for such a show – but we would be thrilled to have them play Knebworth again!”
She added: “While we would be delighted to host the Rolling Stones at Knebworth again, it is just a wonderful suggestion at the moment.
“We do not have any information on a proposed concert for the Rolling Stones.”
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and drummer Charlie Watts are currently touring North America.