Johnny English 3 movie being filmed in Welham Green
- Credit: Archant
Scenes of the third Johnny English movie starring Rowan Atkinson as the bungling British spy are being filmed in Welham Green.
A crew working on Johnny English 3 filmed a car chase sequence in the village yesterday (Sunday).
The stunt scene culminates outside Welham Green Service Station in Dellsome Lane.
Resident William McMahon sent in the video of the action above.
The film crew were back in Welham Green today (Monday).
You may also want to watch:
Filming of Rowan Atkinson’s new movie only started last month and it is due for release in late 2018.
The Blackadder actor has already been spotted filming Johnny English 3 on top of a red double-decker bus on the streets of London.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
The action comedy flick is being directed by David Kerr whose credits include last year’s TV movie A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and TV series Fresh Meat and That Mitchell and Webb Look.
Johnny English 3 is a sequel to the 2011 film Johnny English Reborn, and the third instalment of the spy series starring Mr Bean favourite Rowan Atkinson as the hapless spy.
Scenes of the first two Johnny English movies were also filmed in Hertfordshire.
The 2003 original was partly shot on location at St Albans Cathedral.
And sequel Johnny English Reborn used the Brocket Hall estate.
Helicopter and golf scenes, as well as interior shots, were filmed within the 543-acre Lemsford stately home.