The Godfather of British blues set to perform concert in St Albans
- Credit: Cristina Arrigoni
John Mayall, the so-called Godfather of British blues, will be performing in St Albans this week.
Blues veteran John Mayall, of The Bluesbreakers fame, comes to The Alban Arena on Thursday, November 23.
Regarded by many as blues’ most influential artist, Mayall’s seminal band The Bluesbreakers launched the careers of many legends including Eric Clapton, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Peter Green and Welwyn Hatfield’s Mick Taylor, who went on to join The Rolling Stones.
An incredible 64 albums later and the guitarist’s captivating and authentic sound is still as vital today is it ever was.
Support comes from special guest and long-term collaborator, Texan guitarist Buddy Whittington, with The Buddy Whittington Band.
You may also want to watch:
After joining The Bluesbreakers in 1993, Buddy energised the band with his unique and fiery live style.
Tickets for the concert cost £32 and £29.50.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
The gig starts at 7.30pm.
• For tickets, call the box office on 01727 844488 or book online www.alban-arena.co.uk