Herts Jazz Festival 2013 line-up announced for Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
THE headline acts for this year’s Herts Jazz Festival 2013 in Welwyn Garden City have been announced.
Jazz giants Georgie Fame, Django Bates and Herts Jazz patron Stan Tracey will all play the three-day event being held at the Hawthorne Theatre, Campus West, from Friday, September 20 to Sunday, September 22.
A firm favourite at Herts Jazz, veteran pianist Stan Tracey CBE will headline the opening night of the music festival with his octet.
Django Bates’ Beloved trio top the Saturday night line-up, with the pianist joined by Petter Eldh on bass and Petter Bruun on drums.
Yeh Yeh singer Georgie Fame will bring the festival to a close on the Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The headliners will feature alongside the cream of the British jazz scene, with Jason Yarde and Andrew McCormack, Brandon Allen, Iain Ballamy, Ronnie Rae, Kenny Wheeler, Tony Kofi, Don Weller, Iain Ballamy, Mark Nightingale and more playing over three days.
Festival artistic director Clark Tracey said: “We’ve got three of Britain’s jazz giants headlining for us this year and a fantastic range of artists performing over the whole weekend.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 May 17: Are cases low enough for lockdown to be easing?
- 5 Bob Wilson grateful for Willow Foundation support after COVID pandemic left charity in 'great danger'
- 6 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 9 School raises more than £800 with Captain Tom 100 challenge
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
“It is going to be a really great festival for jazz-lovers.”
Full Herts Jazz Festival 2013 line-up
8.30pm-11pm: Stan Tracey Octet.
11pm-1am: After hours in the foyer with Arnie Somogyi Trio.
11am-noon: Herts Youth Jazz Ensemble.
12.30pm-1.30pm: Jason Yarde/Andrew McCormack Duo.
1.30pm-2.45pm: Lunch in the foyer with Leon Greening Trio.
2.45pm-4pm: Ronnie Rae Quintet plus Fionna Duncan.
4.30pm-5.45pm: Kenny Wheeler Quintet.
5.45pm-7pm: Dinner in the foyer with Nigel Price Trio.
7pm–8.30pm: Iain Ballamy’s Anorak.
9pm-10.30pm: Django Bates’ Beloved.
10.30pm–1am: After hours in the foyer with Clark Tracey Trio.
11am-noon: College Collection winners.
12.30pm-1.30pm: Tony Kofi Quartet plays Monk.
1.30pm-2.45pm: Lunch in the foyer with Alan Barnes Trio.
2.45pm-4pm: Don Weller Quartet.
4.30pm-5.45pm: Tribute to JJ & Kai.
5.45pm-7pm: Dinner in the foyer with James Pearson Trio.
7pm-8.30pm: Brandon Allen Sextet.
9pm-10.30pm: Georgie Fame Trio.
* For more information about the festival go to www.hertsjazzfestival.co.uk