Town centre play day for children returns with plenty of fun activities
- Credit: Steve Beeston
A fun family day takes place in Hertford next Wednesday featuring magic shows, circus skill workshops, balloon modelling and much more.
With schools out for summer and parents/guardians looking for free child-friendly activities to entertain the kids, Hertford Play Day has something on offer for all ages.
Organised by Hertford Town Council, it takes place on Wednesday, August 3 from 11am to 4pm in the town centre.
As part of the national Play Day initiative, the Town Council has organised an abundance of activities, most of which are free of charge or low cost to participate in.
Free activities and shows include:
- Magic shows
- Circus workshops
- Balloon modelling
- Meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Baby Rhyme Time & Story Time Sessions at Hertford Library.
The Mayor of Hertford, Councillor Sue Barber, will be hosting the annual Children’s Cupcake Decorating Competition within Salisbury Square from 11am to noon.
This free activity is for children aged four to 11, and parents/guardians must book online in advance by visiting https://forms.office.com/r/f4B6r67YFs
- 1 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 2 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 4 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 5 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 6 5 things to do on a rainy day in Hertfordshire
- 7 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 8 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 9 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 10 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
Low-cost activities include sport themed crafts at Hertford Museum, facial flowers activity at Mudlarks Café, and design your own printed T-shirt competition at Gingerlillie Boutique.
Many retailers will also be offering discounts and promotions during the event, including 20 per cent off at Tilly’s Gelato and 10 per cent off Pearl Milk Bar.
Visit www.hertford.gov.uk/events or the Town and Tourist Information Centre closer to the event date for a programme with the full list of promotions and free activities throughout the day.
Councillor Jane Sartin, chairman of Hertford Town Council’s development and leisure committee, said: “If you’re looking for summer holiday activities for children close to home, there will be plenty to do in Hertford town centre on August 3.
"As well as the entertainment organised by Hertford Town Council, it’s good to have the involvement of other organisations and businesses in the town, providing activities and special promotions.”