Christmas book trail around Hertford for all the family to enjoy
- Credit: Hertford Town Council
A free book trail will take place around the county town this Christmas.
Children and families can participate in a Christmas Book Town Centre trail this Christmas, running through the period of the school holidays.
Organised by Hertford Town Council, the trail runs from Saturday, December 19 until Saturday, January 9, 2021 and is free of charge for everyone to enjoy.
Christmas book covers featuring Christmas tales will be displayed in 20 different Hertford retailers.
Councillor Jane Sartin, chairman of Hertford Town Council’s development and leisure committee, said: “The Christmas Book Trail will provide a fun activity in Hertford for children over the Christmas period, and will be a great reminder for shoppers of the wealth of Christmas books available to read over the coming weeks.”
You may also want to watch:
To take part in the trail, families should visit Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre, located in The Wash opposite Hertford Theatre, to pick up a trail map from the week the trail starts.
The trail map will also be available for collection from Hertford Castle gates, and available online at www.gohertford.co.uk
Children will need to match the shop with the Christmas book that is displayed in the window, in a minimum of 15 of the 20 businesses taking part around the town.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 6 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
Once they have completed the trail, they will be able to return to the tourist information centre and submit the completed form into the red letter box in the shop for a chance to win a £30, £20 or £10 gift voucher to spend at a Hertford retailer.
The themed trail has been created to encourage local residents and visitors to explore and discover the broad range of independent and national retailers within the county town.
Books that are featured in the trail are available to borrow from Hertford Library, and selected books are also available to purchase from Leaf Café and WHSmith in Hertford.