Hertford Castle Christmas Trail to brings some festive cheer
- Credit: Black Kite Productions
Children and families can enjoy another free trail around Hertford Castle when the current Grinch Christmas Trail ends.
The Grinch trail finishes in the county town on Sunday, December 6.
The Hertford Castle Christmas Trail will then run from Saturday, December 12 through to Sunday, January 3, 2021.
Hertford Town Council has teamed up with local businesses and organisations to decorate the grounds with a festive theme, creating a Christmassy walk to go on throughout December.
Follow the trail around the grounds and at each location take in the lovely displays, the lights and the decorations to bring you some festive cheer.
From recycled materials to festive lights, there will be plenty to delight people of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Jane Sartin, chairman of Hertford Town Council’s development and leisure committee, said: “Hertford Castle’s grounds are always a nice place for a walk, and the Christmas Trail will be added reason to visit this December and enjoy a festive wander.
“Thank you to the businesses and organisations which are participating with displays.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
You can collect a trail leaflet from the dispensers on each entrance into Hertford Castle.
The trail is free of charge and self-guided.
There’s no need to book, just turn up and follow along with the trail maps.
Hertford Castle’s grounds are open to the public free of charge from 7.30am until 6.30pm during winter.
Businesses and organisations taking part in the event are Office Fox, Manic Ceramics, Gingerlillie Boutique, Carers in Hertfordshire, B Green Store CIC, Mudlarks Community Garden, and Hertford Town Council.