Dirty Dancing set for Hertford Castle cinema
- Credit: Steve Beeston
Outdoor cinema under the stars will entertain film fans at historic Hertford Castle next month.
Movie lovers can watch classics Dirty Dancing and Ghostbusters at this year’s Hertford Castle Open Air Cinema.
Tickets cost just £7 and are on sale now.
Hertford Castle will once again be the backdrop to the screenings on the castle lawn on Friday, August 24 and Saturday, August 25.
Nobody will be putting Baby in the corner on the Friday night when fans of Patrick Swayze hit Dirty Dancing will be having the time of their lives.
You may also want to watch:
The original Ghostbusters movie will be screened on the Saturday.
Both films were suggested and voted for by the public.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
Gates will open at 7pm and the films will start at 8.30pm on both evenings.
There will also be live music by local musicians Dan Thomas, Alysha Hutchings, Beth Hedges and Papersnakes.
Visitors can bring food and beverages to the event, or enjoy an array of street food available including smoked American barbecue food including gourmet burgers, pulled pork and halloumi veggie options.
In addition, there will be a bar and popcorn stand.
Food and drink will be available to buy throughout the evening.
The cinema at the castle event makes for a spectacular setting where visitors can sit back and relax whilst watching a classic film under the stars.
The event is sponsored by Specsavers Hertford.
Dhiren Nakrani and Shiva Tailor, directors of the branch, said: “We have always found the community spirit to be strong in Hertford and it’s a real privilege to be part of and sponsor such a great event put on by Hertford Town Council.
“It’s always a fun evening and we look forward to working with Hertford Town Council on future sponsorship events to ensure we keep Hertford town fun and thriving.”
Specsavers Hertford will remain located in Bircherley Green whilst the shopping centre is rebuilt.
Therefore, if you need an eye test, take your ticket to the open air cinema to the branch before or after the event and receive a free sight test and £10 off any spectacles purchases.
Hertford Castle cinema tickets can be bought in advance for £7. They are available from Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre, in store or over the phone on 01992 584322.