Hatfield music festival’s latest line-up news to be announced on BBC Radio 1
- Credit: Archant
The latest bands playing an annual Hatfield music festival will be announced live on BBC Radio 1 this weekend.
Touring pop punk, ska punk, hardcore metal and alternative rock festival Slam Dunk returns to the University of Hertfordshire on Bank Holiday Monday, May 29.
And organisers today (Tuesday) confirmed via the festival’s various social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – that the first line-up announcement of 2017 will be made on Sunday, January 8.
BBC DJ Daniel P Carter will make the announcement on his Sunday night Radio 1 Rock Show, which starts at 7pm.
A Slam Dunk Facebook update said: “So here’s the #SDF17 news that you have all been waiting for!
“We are pleased to say that the next artist announcement will be made by Dan P.Carter, live on BBC Radio 1 this Sunday on the Radio 1 Rock Show!
“Tickets on sale now at http://bit.ly/SlamDunk17”
You may also want to watch:
The music festival will take over the Hatfield university’s College Lane Campus and The Forum Hertfordshire for Slam Dunk South on May 29.
Forum favourites Enter Shikari will headline the main outdoor stage.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
The St Albans quartet’s special set will celebrate the 10-year anniversary of their debut album, Take to the Skies.
Bowling for Soup, Don Broco, Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish have also been confirmed for the SDF17 bill, with more than 50 bands in total playing on the day across eight stages of music.
Panic! At The Disco headlined Slam Dunk 2016 in Hatfield last year, while You Me At Six topped the main stage line-up in 2015.
Other former Slam Dunk headliners include Fall Out Boy, Paramore and All Time Low.
Slam Dunk South 2017 in Hatfield is the third and final leg of the touring event.
The 2017 showcase kicks off with Slam Dunk Midlands at the NEC Birmingham on Saturday, May 27.
Slam Dunk North takes place in Leeds city centre the following day, before all the bands journey south to Hatfield.
Tickets for Slam Dunk are on sale via the festival’s website at http://slamdunkmusic.com/
You can also buy them from The Forum Hertfordshire’s website at www.forumhertfordshire.co.uk
General entry tickets are £44, plus booking fees, while Slam Dunk Festival tickets plus aftershow passes are £49, plus fees.
• The Specials will appear live in concert in Hatfield the day before Slam Dunk.
They will be playing the same University of Hertfordshire site as the Slam Dunk Festival on Sunday, May 28, with support from Toots And The Maytals.