Going Crazy for Potters Bar Theatre Company
- Credit: Archant
HIGH-ENERGY dance numbers and toe-tapping songs make for a hot-diggity humdinger of a night out, as Potters Bar Theatre Company brings George and Ira Gershwin’s Crazy For You to life at Wyllyotts Theatre this week.
This is PBTC’s 60th anniversary year and Crazy For You is part of a comprehensive programme of celebratory events that will also include productions of the Madness musical Our House, and Arthur Miller’s powerful drama A View From the Bridge.
Crazy For You tells the story of Bobby Child, a well-heeled 1930s playboy who dreams of becoming a dancer.
His mother and soon-to-be ex-fiancée insist he goes to a small gold-mining town in Nevada instead, however, to close down the local theatre.
But there he falls in love with the theatre owner’s daughter, Polly, and decides to put on a show to prevent the closure.
You may also want to watch:
In the end the theatre is saved, the town is reinvigorated and, wouldn’t you just know it, Bobby finds love while also achieving his dream.
The show features songs such as I Got Rhythm, They Can’t Take That Away From Me and Someone To Watch Over Me, and runs at the Wyllyotts Theatre, in Wyllyotts Place, off Darkes Lane, until Saturday, April 27 at 7.30pm, with an additional matinée at 2.30pm on the Saturday.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
Tickets are £16 for adults and £11 for under-18s, with senior citizen concessions at £13 for the Saturday matinée performances.
There is a 10 per cent discount for bookings of 10 full-price seats or more for the same performance.
Tickets can be bought over the phone on 07985 542204, or you can book online at www.pottersbar theatrecompany.co.uk – booking fee applies.