French cabaret and wine tasting fundraiser for Hertfordshire village’s music festival
- Credit: Archant
An acclaimed French retro singer will star in a Hertfordshire village’s music festival fundraiser next month.
Kimpton Folk Festival is staging a French cabaret evening and wine tasting in February.
French retro singer and entertainer Aurora Chanson will be presenting ‘A Night in Paris’ – a cabaret-style concert – in Kimpton Memorial Hall on Saturday, February 11.
Originally from the beautiful French town of Nancy, Aurora last performed in Kimpton in May 2016 as part of Wild Willy Barrett’s French Connection.
Her performance proved so popular with villagers that she has been asked back to stage this fundraising event for the 2nd Kimpton Folk Festival, which takes place on Saturday, July 1.
You may also want to watch:
Aurora, whose exceptional voice and stage presence have helped her take the showbiz world by storm, will present a range of nostalgic songs made famous by such singers and composers as Edith Piaf, Yves Montand, Charles Trenet, Django Reinhardt and Charles Aznavour among many others.
Performing alongside Aurora will be highly regarded jazz musicians Terry Seabrook on piano and Andy Williams on guitar.
- 1 Man charged with murder of his own mother
- 2 Stunning photos capture the moment Flying Scotsman crosses viaduct
- 3 ‘Too tall and dominant’ – application to demolish old car dealership to build 111 flats rejected
- 4 Dad avoids jail after downloading indecent images of children
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrest made after dog stolen in suspected knifepoint robbery
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Home care provider recognised among best in east of England
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Welwyn Garden City Heritage Trust and the picnic of the Polish Saturday School
The evening includes a French supper of cheeses, breads and tarte aux pommes, and a special wine tasting session hosted by Mark Buckenham of The Wine Society.
Commenting on her second visit to Kimpton, Aurora said: “It’s so great to be asked back to Kimpton again.
“We got such a terrific reception last time and I can’t wait to introduce the Kimpton audience to my beloved repertoire of French ‘Chanson’ classics as well as my jazz side, with the support of two wonderfully talented musicians I am lucky to work with.
“We are all looking forward to a formidable evening!”
Brian King, organiser of the event, said: “We’re absolutely delighted to have the wonderful Aurora Chanson back in Kimpton for our special French evening.
“She’s already a great favourite in the village following her performances last year, but here she takes the limelight with her sultry mix of French songs and jazz.
“This is going to be a special evening.”
The concert in Kimpton Memorial Hall, in Hall Lane, starts at 8pm. The bar opens at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £15 and are selling fast.
Aurora tweeted: “Ooh la la! More than half of the tickets sold within a week of putting them on sale – get yours when you still can!”
Kimpton staged its first folk festival in July 2016, with James Fagan & Nancy Kerr headlining.
The event, which featured some of the leading lights of the UK folk scene alongside local performers, was a huge success.
This year’s festival on July 1 will be headlined by Sam Kelly & the Lost Boys and Jez Lowe & The Bad Pennies.
To find out more about the Kimpton Folk Festival visit www.kimptonfolk.uk
• Tickets for Aurora Chanson’s ‘An Evening in Paris’ are available by calling 01438 488 337.
For more information about the Aurora Chanson Trio, visit www.aurorecolson.com