Forthcoming concerts at the Forum
THERE’S an eclectic mix of bands lined up for the Forum in Hatfield over the coming months that should satisfy most musical tastes.
Rock, pop, metal, indie, dance, jazz, rap and hip-hop are all catered for at the College Lane entertainment complex between now and Christmas.
Following the Hertfordshire’s Got Talent finale on September 18 featuring X Factor stars Jedward, drum and bass fans are in for a treat at the end of the month with a live performance from Sub Focus.
A staple of the British D&B scene since 2003, Sub Focus – real name Nicholas Douwma – has also remixed tracks for The Prodigy and Empire of the Sun.
He will be appearing at the University of Hertfordshire on Thursday, September 30, with a 3am concert curfew.
You may also want to watch:
Sub Focus also produced recent single Kickstarts for hip British rapper Example and the Won’t Go Quietly star will be coming to the Forum himself next month.
London-born Example dropped in at the Forum in February at one of the university’s Bonk nights, but his next appearance at the venue on Tuesday, October 19 will be as part of his current UK tour.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Real name Elliot John Gleave, he has confirmed his status as one of the freshest new voices around with electro-pop-hip-hop hits Watch the Sun Come Up and Last Ones Standing and appearances on the summer festival circuit, including V Festival at Chelmsford last month and Bestival on the Isle of Wight this weekend.
Meanwhile, Once chart-topper and X Factor finalist Diana Vickers will be the top attraction during the freshers’ ball.
Fresh from her appearance at this year’s V Festival, the teenage Blackburn beauty will be at the Hatfield uni on Friday, October 1, along with Ultimate Big Brother’s Preston.
Veteran indie survivors The Charlatans come to Hatfield four days later to promote new album Who We Touch.
The Forum’s monthly jazz nights return to the Attic on Thursday, October 28 featuring flautist Gareth Lockrane and his band.
On the same night, Manchester’s Mr Scruff hits the Forum with one of his infamous five-hour DJ sets from 9pm to 2am.
Dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip – another at Bestival this weekend –will take in the Forum during their UK tour on Thursday, October 14.
For those wanting something a little bit harder, Welsh post-hardcore group The Blackout will be dropping in on the university on Thursday, December 2.
Pop-punk contenders Set Your Goals will be their special guests after also appearing in Hatfield at this year’s Slam Dunk Festival.
* Full details of all concerts taking place at the Forum can be found via the links above.