Former BBC Young Musician of the Year teams up with Hertford Symphony Orchestra
- Credit: Archant
A former BBC Young Musician of the Year will join forces with the Hertford Symphony Orchestra in the county town this weekend.
Soloist Lara Melda, who won BBC Young Musician of the Year in 2010, will perform with the orchestra at its spring concert on Saturday, March 15.
She will be playing Chopin’s Piano concerto No 1 in the All Saints’ Church, Hertford.
Lara performs concerts and recitals around the world, including Turkey, Germany, Switzerland and the UK, including her debut this season at the Barbican.
The HSO Masterworks concert also features Sibelius’ Symphony No 1, and Vocalise by Rachmaninov.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.45pm.
Tickets are £15 adults, £12 concessions, £5 children and students, and are available from 01279 466653 or Hertford Tourist Information 01992 584322 or online at http://www.wegottickets.com/event/259355.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre