It's hot stuff as Benington Chilli Festival returns over August Bank Holiday 2021 weekend
- Credit: Archant
Looking for something to do over the August Bank Holiday weekend? The hugely popular Benington Chilli Festival is back this year.
You can worship the pepper at Benington Lordship Gardens, near Stevenage, on Saturday, August 28, Sunday, August 29, and Bank Holiday Monday, August 30, 2021.
Started in 2006, the annual chilli festival now attracts thousands of visitors to Benington over three days.
Running daily from 10am to 5pm, you will be able to buy chilli plants, products and sample foods from around the world on stalls set up throughout the garden.
Independent chilli traders will be selling everything and anything you can make with chillies – chutneys, sauces, pickles, seeds, cheese and chocolate.
There will be chilli plants to buy and take home, so you can grow your own.
And for the real hardcore enthusiast, there's the famous chilli eating competition.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
If you think you’re hard enough, sign up on the day. The contest is limited to a dozen participants, on a first come, first served basis.
For those that need to cool down, a wide range of refreshments will be available, including cold beers and ice creams.
There's no need to pre-book tickets. Admission costs £8.50 adults, £2.50 children under-16, and it is free for under-12s.
For more on Benington Lordship in Hertfordshire, and where to park for the chilli festival, visit beningtonlordship.co.uk