First Acorn Stage acts announced for Folk by the Oak festival in Hatfield
- Credit: Supplied by Folk by the Oak
Folk by the Oak organisers have announced the first two names for their second stage in Hatfield next summer.
The Acorn Stage is billed as the festival's "platform for a new generation of folk artists" and the first acts announced for 2020 are Ye Vagabonds and Katherine Priddy.
Ye Vagabonds are comprised of talented brothers Brían and Diarmuid Mac Gloinn, who deservedly picked up Best Traditional Track at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards this year with Foggy Dew.
Katherine Priddy has been turning all the right heads since the release of her debut EP Wolf in September 2018.
Richard Thompson cited Wolf as "the best thing I've heard all year" in MOJO Magazine and she was invited to support him on his recent tour of Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
The emerging talent has also earned airplay from the likes of Mark Radcliffe, Janice Long and Tom Robinson.
Folk by the Oak will take place in the grounds of Hatfield House on Sunday, July 19, 2020.
Super early bird tickets for Folk by the Oak are on sale for £35.50 for a limited period at www.folkbytheoak.com
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire