Folk by the Oak stage times for Hatfield House festival
- Credit: Tammy Marlar
Stage times have been announced for this weekend’s Folk by the Oak festival at Hatfield House.
Folk by the Oak will once again take over the grounds of Hatfield House on Sunday, July 14.
The family-friendly festival's main stage will be headlined by folk-punk troubadour Frank Turner, fresh from his numerous appearances at Glastonbury Festival last month.
Having previously played Knebworth's Sonisphere Festival and Hertfordshire's Standon Calling, the Be More Kind singer-songwriter is due on stage in Hatfield Park at 9.15pm with his backing band The Sleeping Souls.
Turner fans in the Queen Elizabeth Oak Field might also get an airing of tracks from Frank's forthcoming new album, No Man's Land.
You may also want to watch:
Karine Polwart will open the main stage in Hatfield Park at 1.30pm, with Talisk making their FBTO debut at 2.45pm.
FBTO commission The Lost Words: Spell Songs, featuring the combined talents of Karine Polwart, Julie Fowlis, Seckou Keita, Kris Drever, Kerry Andrew, Rachel Newton, Beth Porter and Jim Molyneux, will play from 4.05pm to 5.15pm.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 6 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
Folk festival favourite Seth Lakeman is due on at 5.50pm.
Watford sisters The Staves playing an hour set from 7.30pm.
The London Youth Folk Ensemble will open the smaller Acorn Stage tent at 12.30pm.
Hannah Read is due on at 2.15pm, followed by Brìghde Chaimbeul at 3.30pm.
The Trials of Cato play from 5.15pm, with Grace Petrie on at 6.45pm.
The Acorn Stage will be headlined by Elephant Sessions at 8.30pm.
Folk by the Oak 2019 set times
12.30pm - 1pm: London Youth Folk Ensemble.
1pm - 1.30pm: Robert Macfarlane & Jackie Morris.
2.15pm - 2.45pm: Hannah Read.
3.30pm - 4.05pm: Brìghde Chaimbeul.
5.15pm - 5.50pm: The Trials of Cato.
6.45pm - 7.30pm: Grace Petrie.
8.30pm - 9.15pm: Elephant Sessions.
1.30pm - 2.15pm: Karine Polwart.
2.45pm - 3.30pm: Talisk.
4.05pm - 5.15pm: The Lost Words - Spell Songs.
5.50pm - 6.45pm: Seth Lakeman.
7.30pm - 8.30pm: The Staves.
9.15pm - 10.30pm: Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls.
? Please note, timings are approximate and may be subject to change.
For tickets, visit www.folkbytheoak.com