Eurovision Song Contest disappointment for UK’s entry from Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: EUROVISION/EBU
Welwyn Garden City’s Eurovision Song Contest 2015 hopeful finished a disappointing fourth from bottom in Vienna, Austria, last night (Saturday).
Alex Larke, from WGC, and Electro Velvet partner Bianca Nicholas scored just five points for their electro-swing track Still In Love With You in the grand final, as Sweden took the title for a sixth time.
Swedish favourite Måns Zelmerlöw came out on top with 365 points, ahead of Russia’s Polina Gagarina, with Italy third.
Måns wowed the audience in the Wiener Stadthalle with his song Heroes at the 60th Eurovision Song Contest.
But UK duo Alex and former The Voice contestant Bianca totalled just five points – winning three from San Marino and one apiece from Ireland and Malta.
You may also want to watch:
They still beat the French, while the Austrian and German entries both finished with ‘nul points’.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 5 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man