Production starts again at Elstree Studios
- Credit: Elstree Studios
Production starts again at Elstree Studios today for the first time in more than two month.
The Hertsmere Borough Council owned studios undertakes its first production on June 2 since the lockdown in March.
Although Elstree Studios did not close during the lockdown, access was restricted to those working on site and studio administrative staff worked from home.
Strict protective measures have been put in place for those returning to work on the Elstree Studios site.
These include the wearing of masks or face coverings, social distancing, and temperature checking by a paramedic at the front gate entrance.
You may also want to watch:
Roger Morris, managing director of Elstree Studios, said: “We intend to keep Elstree Studios a safe working environment for all our clients and tenants, it is important to get our industry back to work, but safely.
“Many employed in the film and TV industry are freelance and they have been hit particularly badly and unfortunately the financial support arrangements provided for them by the Government are hard for many of them to obtain.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
The creative industries are a powerhouse for the UK economy, providing the nation with over £100 billion last year and many thousands of jobs.
Elstree Studios recommends that all of its production clients implement the directives circulated by the BFC, BFI, BECTU and the Production Guild regarding COVID-19.