Eastern Electrics 2014 festival line-up announced
- Credit: Archant
The Eastern Electrics 2014 line-up has been announced for the electronic dance music festival set for Hatfield House this summer.
The 2014 Eastern Electrics Festival will take place in the grounds of the Hertfordshire stately home on Saturday, August 2, having moved from last year’s venue Knebworth Park.
Revellers will party in Hatfield Park from 11am to 10pm.
And organisers have announced the first six names on a 2014 EE line-up – Art Department, Ellen Allien, Kerri Chandler, Route 94, Tania Vulcano and tINI.
Proponents of a low-slung bass-infused house sound, Art Department join the all-day party, alongside BPitch Control head and creative genius Ellen Allien, and deep house luminary and champion of all things soul Kerri Chandler.
You may also want to watch:
Chart-topping house upstart Route 94 is on the bill, as is Tania Vulcano, an underground force to be reckoned with.
Acclaimed house and techno selector tINI rounds up the first six names on the bill, with Eastern Electrics Festival curating a line-up of more than 30 acts in total.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 8 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
Having grown from one of the UK’s premier underground warehouse raves launched in 2007 to a fully fledged 10,000-capacity music festival, Eastern Electrics is a brand that pushes the boundaries in experimental music programming.
Organisers said: “We also have seven bespoke stages hosted by Art of Dark, Eastern Electrics, Kubicle, mulletover, Rinse, The Star of EE pub and Electric City, with more to be announced soon.”
The festival’s new home at Hatfield House is only 20 minutes outside of London, and only a minute’s walk from Hatfield train station.
A statement from organisers said: “Eastern Electrics Festival celebrates the very best sounds coming from an electronic music scene that has never been so diverse, exciting or innovative.
“Providing a majestic setting for an inspirational line-up and rousing party atmosphere, Hatfield House is an impressive backdrop – and a solid home for one of the UK’s most revered electronic music events.”
Promoter Rob Star said: “Hatfield House ticks all the boxes for us and we’re certain that this will be the first of many Eastern Electrics Festival events here. Welcome to your new EE home.”
Tickets for the festival are on sale now, with early bird tickets starting from £29.50.
VIP tickets cost £79, and these ensure fast-track entry into the event, a dedicated VIP area with exclusive DJ sets, chill out area, bar and boutique food stalls.
Plus, the Eastern Electrics faithful can extend the festivities with a monster after-party at The Coronet Theatre. Tickets for this are on sale now, starting at £15.
Keep an eye on www.easternelectricsfestival.co.uk and facebook.com/easternelectricsfor more information.