Jousting called off at Knebworth House for safety reasons
- Credit: Rob Ryder Knebworth Park Photography
The wet weather has forced organisers to cancel today’s Easter Monday jousting planned for Knebworth House.
Due to the weather, it is not safe for the jousting to take place on Monday, April 2.
There were originally two displays planned, at 12.30pm and 2.30pm.
A statement posted on Knebworth House’s Facebook page this morning read: “Monday 2nd April – Due to the weather and ground conditions, it is with regret that it is not safe for the Medieval Jousting to take place today.
“There will still be an opportunity to meet the Medieval Knights and horses and children can have sword fighting instruction from the Knights.
“We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.”
Jousting it due to take place again at the Hertfordshire stately home on Father’s Day in June.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat finally comes to Potters Bar's Wyllyotts Theatre
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
The Knebworth House Facebook post added: “There will be Jousting at Knebworth again on Sunday 17th June 2018.”
• For more on Knebworth House, Park and Gardens, visit www.knebworthhouse.com