Jousting called off at Knebworth House for safety reasons
- Credit: Rob Ryder Knebworth Park Photography
The wet weather has forced organisers to cancel today’s Easter Monday jousting planned for Knebworth House.
Due to the weather, it is not safe for the jousting to take place on Monday, April 2.
There were originally two displays planned, at 12.30pm and 2.30pm.
A statement posted on Knebworth House’s Facebook page this morning read: “Monday 2nd April – Due to the weather and ground conditions, it is with regret that it is not safe for the Medieval Jousting to take place today.
“There will still be an opportunity to meet the Medieval Knights and horses and children can have sword fighting instruction from the Knights.
You may also want to watch:
“We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.”
Jousting it due to take place again at the Hertfordshire stately home on Father’s Day in June.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
The Knebworth House Facebook post added: “There will be Jousting at Knebworth again on Sunday 17th June 2018.”
• For more on Knebworth House, Park and Gardens, visit www.knebworthhouse.com