EastEnders star confirmed for BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing 2014 line-up
- Credit: Archant
EastEnders favourite Jake Wood will be swapping Albert Square for sequinned shirts, fake tan and the ballroom after being announced for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.
BBC’s official Strictly Twitter page confirmed the news yesterday (Sunday).
@bbcstrictly tweeted: “Swapping the Square for Strictly, please welcome @mrjakedwood to our class of 2014!! @bbceastenders @BBCOne”
The Tewin-based actor plays Walford’s bed-hopping bad boy car salesman Max Branning in the BBC One soap.
The snake-hipped star will be competing against the likes of tennis ace Andy Murray’s mum Judy and Saturdays singer Frankie Bridge on the Saturday night show to be presented by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman this year.
You may also want to watch:
Jake tweeted: “Yes it’s true, I’m joining #StrictlyComeDancing this year! Thanks for all your lovely comments. Let’s do this!”
And his wife, Alison Wood, took to Twitter to say: “Gonna be so proud to c the hubby dance”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
Other twinkle-toed celebrities confirmed to appear in the hit BBC show so far are former TOWIE star Mark Wright, Blue singer Simon Webbe and Casualty actress Sunetra Sarker.
The SCD 2014 line-up also includes BAFTA-winning naturalist and Deadly 60 presenter Steve Backshall, former rugby international Thom Evans and This Morning presenter Alison Hammond.
Jake Wood is not the first celebrity from Hertfordshire to sign up for the popular dancing competition. He will be following in the ballroom footsteps of Welwyn Garden City’s Alesha Dixon and Lisa Snowdon.
Singer and now Britain’s Got Talent judge Alesha Dixon waltzed off with the Strictly Glitterball prize in 2007.
Model and radio presenter Lisa Snowdon reached the contest’s final the following year.