Coronation Street star heads up cast of 2015 Stevenage pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- Credit: Archant
A Coronation Street star is set to appear on stage in this year’s Stevenage pantomime Sleeping Beauty.
Wendi Peters heads up the cast for the Gordon Craig Theatre winter production, organisers confirmed today.
The 47-year-old actress, best known for her role as Cilla Battersby-Brown in the ITV soap, will play baddie Carabosse in the Lytton Way theatre’s fun-filled festive show.
As well as Corrie, Wendi has appeared in a variety of children’s television shows, including Hetty Feather and Hacker Time.
She recently finished a successful touring UK production of satirical masterpiece Oh, What A Lovely War.
You may also want to watch:
Wendi has also starred in a variety of West End productions, including White Christmas at the Dominion Theatre and Our House 10th Anniversary Concert at the Savoy Theatre.
She will star alongside Stevenage’s favourite dame, Paul Laidlaw, at the Gordon Craig, with the panto opening in November.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 6 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
Aidan O’Neill will also take on the role of Chester the Jester, with more cast members to be announced.
Sleeping Beauty is a traditional family pantomime where a princess is searching for happiness, evil Carabosse is searching for revenge, Chester the Jester is searching for someone to laugh at his jokes, and Dame Nellie Night Nurse (Laidlaw) is searching for a man... in the front two rows!
From the team behind last year’s smash hit show Aladdin, it promises to be another spectacular Stevenage show full of music, laughter, amazing special effects and plenty of surprises.
Sleeping Beauty opens on Friday, November 27 and runs until January 24, 2016, making it one of the longest running pantomimes in the country.
Tickets for are on sale now. They start from £15.50.
* Call the Gordon Craig box office on 01438 363 200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk