Cool Britannia 2018 in pictures: Knebworth festival’s Friday night party
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
The new Cool Britannia Festival opened its doors for the first time at Knebworth House with a welcome party.
Our photographer Kevin Richards was there to capture the sights of the 1990s festival’s opening night on Friday. You can see his pictures here.
Before Happy Mondays and Ocean Colour Scene headlined the main stage in Knebworth Park over the weekend, revellers were entertained by a freak show including fire breathers and Circus of Horrors acts, funfair rides and banging dance tracks in the Ministry of Sound Big Top.
Ibiza legend Brandon Block was behind the decks as the inaugural Cool Britannia kicked off on Friday evening.
DJ Alex P also took a turn in the MoS Big Top, with Rozalla and K-Klass joining the late-night dance party.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile over on The Barn Stage, DJ Jamie Taylor, JG Collection, The Mariachi’s and Britpop Collective performed for first night ticket holders.
Aside from the musical entertainment on offer, there were plenty of street food outlets to satisfy people’s appetites and themed bars, including pub The Rose and Crown, for thirsty festival-goers.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 8 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
The Friday welcome party acted as a warm-up for the weekend’s main festivities, with main stage sets from the likes of Dodgy, Cast, Embrace, Razorlight, Toploader, Feeder, Faithless star Maxi Jazz and The Lightning Seeds supporting the Cool Britannia 2018 headliners Happy Mondays and OCS.
Cool Britannia is set to return to Knebworth next year, with dates and 2019 line-up to be confirmed.