Christmas Frost Fair opens at Hatfield House
- Credit: Archant
The annual Christmas Frost Fair opened at Hatfield House today (Friday).
Gift-hunters flocked to the Hertfordshire stately home on the first morning of the three-day event.
Held in The Old Palace, the Riding School and heated marquees on the Palace Green, there are gift stands galore full of festive treats, as well as craftsmen and women showing off their skills.
Running until Sunday, choirs, dancers and street entertainers will entertain visitors throughout the weekend, and youngsters can also see Father Christmas.
The Christmas Frost Fair is open from 10am to 5pm tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Admission for adults costs £5, and accompanied children 15 or under are admitted free of charge.
Advance tickets are available from www.hatfield-house.co.uk
For more details, visit www.frostfair.co.uk
* See next week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out Wednesday, for pictures from the Hatfield House Christmas Frost Fair.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'