Mountain thrills and spills at film festival in St Albans
- Credit: Ben Tibbetts
Adrenaline junkies can satisfy their celluloid fix at a thrilling night of short adventure films in St Albans.
The Banff Mountain Film Festival stops by The Alban Arena on its world tour on Thursday, March 19.
Witness epic human-powered feats, life-affirming challenges and mind-blowing cinematography - all on the big screen - at the most prestigious film festival of its kind.
The Banff Mountain Film Festival showcases a new collection of short films made by the world's best adventure filmmakers and explorers as they push themselves to the limits in the most remote and stunning corners of the globe.
It's an adrenaline-fuelled event with free prize giveaways that is guaranteed to ignite your passion for adventure, action and travel.
This year's edition of the festival will bring the St Albans audience base jumpers in Mexico, 20,000 mile odysseys across the globe, high-speed and death-defying ski runs in Canada, a cultural coming together as two countries tightrope walk across international borders, and the most extreme babysitting you'll ever see.
Films include Charge, The Flip, Up to Speed, The Imaginary Line and Danny Day Care.
For full details of all of the short films playing at the event, head over to banff-uk.com/films and look for the RED film programme.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 4 Updated Simply Red set times for Hatfield Park concert
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Jodie Williams defies injury-blighted season to claim Commonwealth bronze
- 7 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 8 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
- 9 Sign of the times: The life of Welwyn Garden City signwriter Arthur Brown
- 10 Champions! Old Owens going up after securing title
There's still tickets left for the St Albans date and they cost £14 and concessions £12.50.
To book online visit www.alban-arena.co.uk or call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488.