All aboard The Vengabus as The Vengaboys come to Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
It’s all aboard The Vengabus for a special onesie party with the chart-topping Vengaboys in Hatfield later this month.
Rather than ‘We’re Going to Ibiza’, the cheesy Eurodance pop group will be appearing live at The Forum Hertfordshire.
The first Netherlands-based act to score six successive top five UK singles, The Vengaboys will headline the Flirt! Onesie Party on Friday, March 21 with their insanely catchy ’90s hits.
The Vengaboys were originally Dutch producers and DJs Danski and Delmundo, who later recruited four dancers during one of their Spanish beach parties. Danski and Delmundo later took a backseat, leaving the dancers to sing.
The dance-pop troupe first troubled the UK charts in 1998 with debut hit Up And Down, a fast trance track, and the following year enjoyed another top 10 hit with We Like To Party (The Vengabus).
You may also want to watch:
That same year Boom Boom Boom Boom!! – the two exclamation marks are in the official song title – knocked S Club 7 single Bring It All Back off the top of the charts, having sold more than 130,000 copies in its first week of release.
In 1999, The Vengaboys based their second number one single, We’re Going to Ibiza!, around Typically Tropical’s 1975 chart-topper Barbados. It was by far the group’s cheesiest song.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Further top five hits followed with novelty, tongue-in-cheek tracks Kiss (When The Sun Don’t Shine), Shalala Lala and Uncle John From Jamaica before they eventually called it quits.
However, missing the stage, the group decided to get back together in 2006 and in the summer of 2013 The Vengaboys released a new track, Hot Hot Hot.
They will be appearing at The Forum for the 18 plus Flirt! Onesie Party on March 21.
Doors open at 10pm and tickets cost £5 in advance, £6 on the door for students before midnight, £7 on the door for non-students before midnight and £10 after midnight.
Visit the Forum’s website for for further details.