World Cup winner joins Welwyn Garden City’s David James at inaugural Star Sixes football tournament
- Credit: Alan Walter
Brazil’s Roberto Carlos, England pair Michael Owen and Rio Ferdinand and Spain’s Gaizka Mendieta are the latest big names to join a galaxy of top players including Welwyn Garden City’s David James at the inaugural Star Sixes tournament this summer.
Presented by Pitch International (London), tickets for the first-ever competitive world football tournament for iconic former international players – to be held at The O2, London in July 2017 – go on sale on Friday 27 January 2017, from 9am.
In partnership with Football Champions Tour, a leading sports management agency, Star Sixes will reunite the world’s greatest players in their national team colours to renew old rivalries and contest a gripping six-a-side competition in front of packed arenas and global audiences.
England will be captained by Steven Gerrard at the 12-team tournament while Germany will be skippered by former Bayern Munich and Chelsea midfield ace Michael Ballack as over 100 star international players go head to head.
Also confirmed are Spain’s Carles Puyol, Nigeria’s Jay-Jay Okocha, France’s Robert Pires, Portugal’s Deco, England’s David James and Emile Heskey and Scotland’s Dominic Matteo – with many more star names to follow. Every Star Sixes player will be a fully capped former international.
You may also want to watch:
Star Sixes will feature a group phase followed by knockout stages – including penalty shootouts – culminating in the Star Sixes Final, when the trophy will be at stake.
England, Brazil, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Portugal, Mexico, Nigeria, Denmark, Scotland and China will compete for the silverware at The O2 on 13, 14, 15, & 16 July 2017.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 5 Have you seen this missing teenager from Knebworth?
- 6 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
Tickets, which start at £30 for Adults, can be purchased at www.theo2.co.uk/starsixes from Friday 27 January at 9am.
All Junior (U16) tickets are just £10 for the afternoon session on Saturday 15 July 2017.