Walter and Ettershank roll with the punches to claim major title for a third time
- Credit: VAL NEWTON
Welwyn Garden City Sailing Club's Punchbowl Trophy will remain the property of Annette Walter and Mike Ettershank as they picked up their third victory in the competition.
The three-hour pursuit race involved changing over helms at the end of each lap, providing much fun for the juniors, a challenge for the oldies and many photo opportunities for the assembled crowd.
Sheila Stowe and Charles Adams in another comet kept pace with the eventual winners for the early part of the race but gradually dropped back.
The supernova team of David Lambert and Alan Campbell came though towards the end to claim second place.
The junior trophy was won by Angelo and Francis Hansen after some very close racing throughout. Oscar and Ned Hayward were second with Pranay and Nick Evans in third place.
Walter and Ettershank also collected the WGC Centenary Trophy with awards and medals going to all those in podium positions.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 7 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire