Five make Welwyn Garden City get down again as Royston are beaten in Southern League Cup
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A second successive five-star win over Premier Division opponents sent Welwyn Garden City dancing into the next round of the Southern League Cup.
Hitchin Town had been thumped 5-0 in the preliminary round and this time a 5-3 success at Herns Lane saw them dispose of Royston Town.
They took the lead on 13 minutes Elliot Bailey half-volleyed home a Eusebio Da Silva pass but the Crows pegged them back immediately through Brandon Adams.
Former Royston man Romelle Alomenu man it two though and it was 3-1 by half-time as Da Silva forced the ball home at the second attempt.
It seemed the second-half would end in disaster as Adams and Claudio Ofosu pulled Royston level.
You may also want to watch:
However, it the Citizens who took the lead as Bailey made it 4-3 with a hard-working effort and Toby Cleaver wrapped things up three minutes from the end.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 5 Have you seen this missing teenager from Knebworth?
- 6 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council