Welwyn Rugby Club mourns president
WELWYN Rugby Club President Nick Waldock has passed away.
A statement from the Hobbs Way club said: “Welwyn RFC is deeply saddened by the loss of their president, Nick Waldock.
“Nick, who was in the second of his two year stint as President, fought bravely against cancer but sadly died last week.
“He was a true gentleman and supported Welwyn RFC from the touchline over many years.
“He was incredibly honoured at being appointed president and before his health deteriorated attended all the pre match lunches and was a worthy ambassador of the club.
You may also want to watch:
“Nick was also a member at Welwyn Garden City Cricket Club, where he whiled away many Saturday afternoons in the summer, and was also an active member and former director at Knebworth Golf Club.
“All three organisations will miss his gentle, unassuming ways and his lovely sense of humour.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge