Welwyn Rugby Club mourns president
WELWYN Rugby Club President Nick Waldock has passed away.
A statement from the Hobbs Way club said: “Welwyn RFC is deeply saddened by the loss of their president, Nick Waldock.
“Nick, who was in the second of his two year stint as President, fought bravely against cancer but sadly died last week.
“He was a true gentleman and supported Welwyn RFC from the touchline over many years.
“He was incredibly honoured at being appointed president and before his health deteriorated attended all the pre match lunches and was a worthy ambassador of the club.
You may also want to watch:
“Nick was also a member at Welwyn Garden City Cricket Club, where he whiled away many Saturday afternoons in the summer, and was also an active member and former director at Knebworth Golf Club.
“All three organisations will miss his gentle, unassuming ways and his lovely sense of humour.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield