Welwyn Pegasus U18s take the spoils in final game together
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Pegasus U18s made their final game together a memorable one with a 3-1 win over Wheathampstead.
They played some fantastic football in the first half and went ahead when Will McLellan scored from the spot after Ryan Thorlby was brought down.
They continued to press after the break, doubling their lead after a great move ended with Josh Manhood scoring from 10 yards out.
Manhood also got number three, his 10th and the team’s 50th goal of the campaign.
Manager Steve Manhood praised all the players for their endeavour over the years and wished them all the best for the next chapter in their footballing future.
You may also want to watch:
He also thanked the parents and coaches who helped, including current U18 coach Martin Hunt who he said was just a different class.
Welwyn: Adam Hutton, Ked Djan, Ryan Thorlby, Matthew Hunt, Tommy Taylor, George Ariss, Tyler Edwards, Jamie Riley, Josh Manhood, Hritvik Choudhary, Will McLellan, Jack Kimber, Owen Clifford, Calum Wilson.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield