Welwyn Pegasus U18s take the spoils in final game together
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Pegasus U18s made their final game together a memorable one with a 3-1 win over Wheathampstead.
They played some fantastic football in the first half and went ahead when Will McLellan scored from the spot after Ryan Thorlby was brought down.
They continued to press after the break, doubling their lead after a great move ended with Josh Manhood scoring from 10 yards out.
Manhood also got number three, his 10th and the team’s 50th goal of the campaign.
Manager Steve Manhood praised all the players for their endeavour over the years and wished them all the best for the next chapter in their footballing future.
You may also want to watch:
He also thanked the parents and coaches who helped, including current U18 coach Martin Hunt who he said was just a different class.
Welwyn: Adam Hutton, Ked Djan, Ryan Thorlby, Matthew Hunt, Tommy Taylor, George Ariss, Tyler Edwards, Jamie Riley, Josh Manhood, Hritvik Choudhary, Will McLellan, Jack Kimber, Owen Clifford, Calum Wilson.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge