Welwyn Pegasus Skys maintain 100 percent record
WELWYN Pegasus Under-10s Sky s maintained their 100 percent record in the Blue Division of the Mid Herts Rural Minors League with a 5-0 win away at Nazeing. As the first half warmed up on the pitch the Sky s got into their stride and with a combination of
WELWYN Pegasus Under-10s Sky's maintained their 100 percent record in the Blue Division of the Mid Herts Rural Minors League with a 5-0 win away at Nazeing.
As the first half warmed up on the pitch the Sky's got into their stride and with a combination of one two's between Liam Hill, Toby Syme and Sam Benwell, the ball soon found it's way into Nazeing's net with Benwell slotting home.
With a spirited Nazeing trying to get on even terms the defensive trio of Daniel Griffin, Bradley Webb and Charlie Bell dug in to repel there efforts.
With the half drawing to a close Toby Syme scored from the edge of the area to give the Sky's a 2-0 lead at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started as one way traffic, the Sky's using again their possession to increase their lead with Frankie Lees scoring twice either side of Toby Syme doubling his tally for the day and 5-0 for the game.
The Sky's domination after the interval came with some fine play from a Sam Jackson Graves and man-of-the-match Matthew Hutchinson.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
Any chance Nazeing tried to conjure for an attempt to score saw the Sky's determined to keep a clean sheet and as a unit foiled Nazeing's advances.