Mum's the word as Welwyn Garden City Sailing Club return to Stanborough
- Credit: WGC SAILING CLUB
Sailing finally returned to Stanborough Lakes with sailors of Welwyn Garden City Sailing Club rewarded with perfect conditions.
Sun and wind, which improved as the morning went on, greeted the seven helms on Easter Sunday and Annette Walter, who became a mum just a few weeks ago, left baby with dad as she claimed the welcome back to sailing pursuit race with a win and a second place.
Roger Morse overtook all the boats ahead of him before the end of the first lap to win the first race and claimed second place overall with a fourth place in race two.
That was in a pursuit where the faster boats are meant to close on the slower boats in the last lap.
Tied for third place was Alex Shelley thanks to a fifth and a second while Charles Adams, commodore of the club, took a fourth then a third place.
Confusingly the Easter Egg Regatta takes place next week with Christmas puddings as prizes.
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 5 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 6 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 7 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12