Welwyn Hatfield Sports Club Forum goes online for 2021
- Credit: WELHAT SPORTS
An annual sports club event in Welwyn Hatfield will go ahead as planned this year with the focus on recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The WelHat Sports Club Forum will go online for this year's edition which will take place via Microsoft Teams on Tuesday, February 23, at 6.30pm.
Welwyn Hatfield councillor Terry Mitchinson, the executive member for Leisure, Culture and Communications, said: “The impact of COVID-19 on grassroots sport has been huge but the pandemic has also highlighted just how important our clubs are to the community for both physical and mental wellbeing.
“This forum is an ideal opportunity for clubs and groups to come together to learn what support is available to them and discuss how we can work together to promote participation in sport.”
As well as funding options there will be an update on the sports facilities and playing pitch strategy.
Anyone with a specific question they would like answered on the evening should email them to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event.
You can book your free space at https://welhatsportsclubforum21.eventbrite.co.uk
- 1 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 2 Dozens of fines handed out following COVID breaches as police reiterate they will 'take action where required'
- 3 Hatfield school appoints new headteacher
- 4 The many promises to save Hatfield
- 5 International Women’s Day: Looking back on the women who inspired us over the last year
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 8 From 'half-baked' to a New Town - did planners keep their promise to make Hatfield a 'pleasant land'?
- 9 What does the future have in store for Hatfield?
- 10 One year on since first recorded coronavirus case in Welwyn Hatfield