Warriors have the better of a double header against Cuffley
WELHAM Warriors Under-13s secured four points in a double header against Cuffley Youth. The games were made up of four 22-minute halves and Warriors knew it was going to be a tough two games. Warriors striker Bailey Rose secured the first goal within th
WELHAM Warriors Under-13s secured four points in a double header against Cuffley Youth.
The games were made up of four 22-minute halves and Warriors knew it was going to be a tough two games.
Warriors striker Bailey Rose secured the first goal within the first 10 seconds of the game and gave his side a much-needed lead.
Cuffley battled hard and Warriors were able to hold them off with some great saves from their stand-in keeper Andrew Simmons.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Carpenter netted the second goal for Warriors to leave them 2-0 up at half-time.
Cuffley came back determined in the second half and pulled one goal back just before the final whistle.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
The second match followed a similar pattern with Warriors' Paul Reilly finding the back of the next in the first few minutes.
Welham defenders Declan Mcalinden and George Mills were on the ball but Cuffley managed to slip past and equal the score at 1-1.
Both teams battled in the last half of the game but neither team could find the winning goal.
It was a brave battle by both teams but Warriors were lucky to be awarded the four points.