Ultimate Football: Pitches hit four to burn Toast
- Credit: Archant
In the Ultimate Football WGC Monday night League, The Easter Cup continued with Sons of Pitches maintaining their 100 per cent winning record with a 4-2 victory over Ivory Toast.
Pitches’ Stephen Olubajo gave his side the lead although Matt Standen levelled for Toast shortly after.
Asim Khan regained the advantage for Sons of Pitches just before half-time.
Toast conceded again after the break with another Olubajo strike.
Ben Smith reduced the arrears to 3-2, but man of the match Khan netted again to secure the win.
You may also want to watch:
Blackpool stormed in to a 4-0 half-time lead over My Dixie thanks to a strike from Daniel Zienkowicz and a hat-trick from David Willis.
After the re-start My Dixie’s captain Toby Warner netted twice to make it 3-2.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
Zienkowicz scored his second before man of the match Willis netted his fourth to bring the score to 6-2.
Efforts from Jack Hague and Tommy Dickens made the final score 6-4.
Rag Rovers found themselves 2-1 down at half-time against Welwyn 6’s as Reggie Ross netted twice, while Dean Sadler hit the back of the net for Rovers.
Ryan North equalised for Rovers and then the cup tie swung in Rovers’ favour when Sadler scored his second of the night.
Tom Bundy levelled for Welwyn making it 3-3, however, Savas Caliskan scored at the other end two minutes later to put Rovers back in front.
Man of the match Ross completed his hat-trick before the final whistle to earn his side a deserved draw.
Elsewhere, Free Agents triumphed 6-2 over A Football Team with Piers Banforth grabbing a hat-trick.
Martyn Wyatt also hit a treble as his goals helped The Old Guard beat Hedgehog FC.
Further efforts from Dale Stewart, Taylor Evanson and Charlie Lloyd sealed the 6-1 victory. The Easter Cup continues next week.
If you are interested in joining as a team, or an individual player, visit www.ultimatefootball.co.uk or contact a member of the Ultimate Football team on 07535 556677.