Tewin get back to winning ways thanks to Old Colmeleians victory
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tewin Cricket Club got back to winning ways after last week’s stumble against Rickmansworth with a 45-run win over Old Cholmeleians at Upper Green.
The result means they stay second in SHCL Division Six A, five points behind the conquerors from seven days earlier, but 47 clear of Redbourn 2nds in third.
Batting first, they smashed 310-6 off their allotted 50 overs with Luke Wilde hitting a magnificent 109 and Noah Lipschitz a classy 68.
In response, and despite an extremely spirited chase, Chols were all out for 265.
Lipschitz added to his batting figures with three wickets and there were two each for Dan Smith and Jamie Bryce.
You may also want to watch:
Tewin go to Cockfosters 2nds on Saturday.
The seconds, however, went down to defeat against Wheathampstead.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
Tewin batted first but collapsed from 50 without loss to 120 all out and their hosts knocked off the runs for the loss of just one wicket.