Quiz: Test your sporting knowledge, June 25
- Credit: PA
With the Premier League now back in action after more than three months away due to the coronavirus pandemic, why not celebrate with another sports quiz?
Here are some of the latest posers from Press Association, with the answers at the bottom. No cheating!
1. Who scored the first goal of the resumed Premier League season?
2. David Luiz joined Arsenal from which team?
3. Where will tennis’ US Open take place without spectators this year?
You may also want to watch:
4. Which Italian cyclist and 1998 Tour de France winner was nicknamed the Pirate?
5. Pole vaulter Sergey Bubka is from which country?
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
6. And how many times did he break the World Record? a) 15 b) 25 c) 35
7. How much did Newcastle pay for Alan Shearer in 1996?
8. With which sixth-tier side in Lincolnshire did Paul Gascoigne finish his playing career?
9. Where will this year’s NBA play-offs be held?
10. In how many of his six NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls was Michael Jordan named Finals MVP?
11. Which side won the 2014 World Cup in Brazil?
12. Which Colombian won the Golden Boot at the tournament?
13. NHL’s Bruins are based in which US city?
14. Which country does boxer Katie Taylor represent?
15. How many losses has Conor McGregor had in his UFC career?
16. Which anniversary is Formula One celebrating this year?
17. Which horse won its third Gold Cup this week?
18. And who was the jockey?
19. In what year did Sue Barker win the French Open?
20. Where do the New York Knicks play their home games?
21. How many goals did Luis Suarez score for Liverpool? A- 79; B- 82; C- 86
22. Which team do Norwich City compete against in the East Anglian derby?
23. Which Spanish club has won the most LaLiga titles?
24. How many majors has Australian golfer Adam Scott won?
25. Which MLS team did Kevin Durant recently become a part owner of?
26. How old is Greek tennis player Stefanos Tsitsipas?
27. How many NFL Championships have the Denver Broncos won?
28. Fulham owner Shad Khan also owns which NFL team?
29. In which Brazilian city would you find the Maracana stadium?
30. How many brothers does Milwaukee Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo have?
Answers: 1. Raheem Sterling; 2. Chelsea; 3. Flushing Meadows, New York; 4. Marco Pantani; 5. Ukraine; 6. C (35); 7. £15million; 8. Boston; 9. Disney World Resort, Florida ; 10. 6; 11. Germany; 12. James Rodriguez; 13. Boston; 14. Republic of Ireland; 15. Four; 16. 70th; 17. Stradivarius; 18. Frankie Dettori; 19. 1976; 20. Madison Square Garden; 21. B- 82; 22. Ipswich Town; 23. Real Madrid; 24. One (2013 Masters); 25. Philadelphia Union; 26. 21; 27. Three; 28. Jacksonville Jaguars; 29. Rio de Janeiro; 30. Four