Tennis starlet shows off her skills
- Credit: Archant
WELWYN Garden City junior tennis player Indianna Spink was put through her paces after taking part in the Lawn Tennis Association’s (LTA) National Talent ID Day held at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton, London.
The 10-year-old was amongst 55 youngsters from across the country invited to the session.
Spink, who trains at Gosling High Performance Centre, showed off her skills in front of the LTA Talent ID team.
The My Tennis School pupil said: “I enjoyed my time and getting to do all the different tennis drills and having the time to practice even more.
“Doing the fitness and the different drills was challenging, but I thought it was really good.”
You may also want to watch:
LTA head of talent management, Andrew Lewandowski, added: “Indianna has performed really well and shown lots of ability across a number of different tasks designed to test athletic ability, coordination, speed and agility, as well as a real natural talent and love for the sport.
“It was fantastic to see so many enthusiastic and talented players give it their all.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 5 Have you seen this missing teenager from Knebworth?
- 6 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 7 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
“The LTA is committed to developing and supporting talent, and we now have the systems in place to give players like Indianna the best possible chance of reaching their potential so I look forward to seeing him progress.”