Hard work of Welwyn Wheelers volunteers repaid by strong rides at cyclo-cross championship
- Credit: Archant
The hard work from the volunteers of Welwyn Wheelers to put on a fabulous Eastern & Central Region Cyclo-cross Championship was repaid by some excellent results from their talented squad.
A total of 430 riders took part in the Stanborough Park event across a number of age groups, ranging from eight up to 50 plus.
The course had to be set up on Saturday and then dismantled after the last race on Sunday.
Joe Kiely's battle with former team-mate Oli Stockwell in the junior men's race was the highlight, the latter taking the win ahead of Kiely with Archie Peet in eighth.
Ethan Storti was a winner in the U14 event with Millie Coleman claiming third girl.
You may also want to watch:
In the junior girls' race Ellen Bennett rode well to finish third, the same position achieved by Daniel Elliott in the U10 race.
Leo Atkins was second U12 boy while Katie Alsopp and Isobel Beale took the top two places for the girls.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part