Sports clubs across Welwyn Hatfield encouraged to apply for COVID-19 restart funding
- Credit: WHBC
Sports clubs and organisations across Welwyn Hatfield are being encouraged to apply for funding to help with their return from government restrictions.
Sport England's return to play fund offers grants from £300 up to £10,000 to support the immediate challenges sport and physical activity groups have to deal with in providing COVID-19 safe environments.
The grants can be used for such things as the cost of running an activity for smaller groups than usual or having correct hygiene or safety equipment.
There are also awards of up to £50,000 from Sport England’s community asset fund to help adapt and open important places and spaces.
Milan Johnston of Welwyn Hatfield Council, said: “It’s been a tough year for the borough’s sports clubs and groups. They are a vital part of our community so we’re encouraging them to look at the funding that’s available to help them get back up and running safely.
“We can also offer support with their applications to Sport England. Please email email@example.com.”
Applications are open until June 30 and for more information on the funding available go to www.sportengland.org/how-we-can-help
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 5 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 6 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12